Τετάρτη 24 Νοεμβρίου 2010

Anathema - "Kingdom" (album: "Pentecost III", Peaceville, 1993)



There is
a whole mountain
And a river runs through it

If you split my mountain wide
You would find many rivers

Among flocks
of non-white doves
And non-temptable
mortals

The kingdom is much more real
And the beauty is endless

Only when tightened beyond recall
Is your necklace
a blessing

Leave your pearls in the
sea
You undeserved bitch

You are not worthy of such a treasure

My hand on your heart,
I know there is a beating

In this oh so bleak landscape
There are many mountains

... but not so much water.

My kingdom
My kingdom
My kingdom

My kingdom
My kingdom
My kingdom

(Anathema, από ένα e.p. που κανείς μα κανείς δεν έπιασε στην εποχή του.
Είναι ότι καλύτερο ηχογράφησαν ποτέ, και πιάνει τη μελαγχολία του post-rock
πολλά χρόνια πριν τη γέννεση του (ίσως ούτε οι ίδιοι οι Anathema να μη το αντιλήφθηκαν αυτό), απίστευτα ευαίσθητο και κοφτερό ταυτόχρονα. Κάθε κομμάτι εδω μέσα,
ένα κι ένα για αποθεραπεία. Κι αυτοί οι στίχοι...)

1 σχόλιο:

  1. Ό,τι πιο "σκατόψυχο" κυκλοφόρησαν οι παλιοί Anathema. Τώρα μπορεί να μην το θυμούνται ούτε οι ίδιοι.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή